Last night’s dream: John was in high school and he was like 20’ tall and he was all nerdy (BECAUSE HE’S JOHN LINNELL) but then he dressed up as a Sasquatch and got picked as homecoming king and everyone was all surprised.
1. I was buying this TV dinner and it said all this stuff on it about how it was supposed to be based on the Russian Mafia “but it’s easy to pretend to be that, look at TMBGiants’ early explosion of success”
2. I downloaded this mp3 which was supposed to be a bootleg of “Thunderbird” segueing into “No Answer” and I was like “OMFG LIVE VERSION OF ‘NO ANSWER’ WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT.” Then the “Thunderbird” part turned out to actually be Them doing a cover of “Fun Fun Fun” (as in the Beach Boys song that “Thunderbird” references) instead, which made it even crazier. I don’t remember what the “No Answer” part was like, sadly.
3. The first part was just Beauty and the Beast, but then the Beast suddenly turned into being The Johns instead. They were starting this pizza company but a bunch of people were mad at them and saying the pizzas were bad even though they weren’t really. Then Flans was supposed to be getting interviewed by this famous TV chef guy, and I was there (JOHN WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU). Then Flans was looking at me all “Well?” cos apparently I was supposed to be the one interviewing him. I was all nervous because I wasn’t prepared but I was doing my best. Then he brought out a typewriter and I was like “OMG TYPEWRITER” (I completely adore typewriters and use them to write sometimes) and he was like “I KNOW AREN’T THEY THE BEST.” Then I asked him if he’d used them to write any of his AWESOME SONGS but that’s right when my fucking alarm went off, so we’ll never know, sigh.
1. I was watching a video which was presumably about Here Comes Science and it involved The Johns messing around with a bunch of chemistry equipment and OMG it was so hottttttttttt
2. There was a woman who had two dalmatians, and one of them ran away, and she got her to come back by singing “She’s an Angel” (I don’t know if “Angel” was her name maybe??)
I was in an arcade with a friend of mine and I was going to play a game that consisted of listening to Blues Brothers songs and using a stylus to write the lyrics on the screen as they played. One of the songs it assigned me was “Ana Ng” and my friend was like “That’s a cover??” I told him the deal was that John wrote the song but he’d just taken the title from the Blues Brothers. But then the song played and it was in fact the “Ana Ng” we all know and love. I was quite shocked.
So I had this dream about John the night before last. I can’t tell you the details cos it was DIRTY AS HELL but I will share that it was, for some reason, Bad Boy John—he had tattoos and was smoking, WHAT. I definitely don’t think I picked that part out (it was a lucid dream) but it was pretty damn amusing. (And yes, I realize that having tattoos—hell, I have tattoos—and smoking are not actually that rebellious but they’re still not things I can picture John Linnell doing at allllllllll.)
So last night I had a dream that I cut off my leg and taped it in my journal, but then I decided it was gonna get gross and so I threw it away (yeh, I have a lot of SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP dreams ok). Excerpt from my discussion with Apollo about it:
(4:42:15 PM) typewrittengirl: oh my leg was gonna grow back
(4:42:18 PM) typewrittengirl: but idk why i cut it off
(4:42:32 PM) apollonum: maybe you were the guy in montana
(4:42:37 PM) apollonum: new headcanon
(4:42:44 PM) apollonum: he cut off his leg
(4:42:49 PM) apollonum: that’s why he’s in the hospital
(4:42:53 PM) apollonum: he’s from montana, right?
(4:42:56 PM) apollonum: and he wants to secede
(4:42:58 PM) apollonum: from the union
(4:43:03 PM) apollonum: so he’s trying to cut montana off
(4:43:08 PM) apollonum: but then he realises he cut off his leg
(4:43:10 PM) apollonum: and he’s like “oops”
I was taking a nap today and you know that thing where you’re just barely waking up and you don’t know what’s real yet? Well, apparently I’d been having a dream about Ayn Rand saying Nanobots is really great and I was SO PISSED OFF and I was like “THAT BITCH SHE ISN’T ALLOWED TO LIKE TMBG WHAT THE FUCK” and then I became a bit more conscious and realized she’s dead, it was a dream, she would be turned off by Flans’s liberalness, etc. And then I felt better.
Last night’s dream: John Linnell as a mad scientist but he was, like, REALLY AWKWARD AND BAD AT IT. OH MY GOD IT WAS SO ADORABLE. Sadly I can’t remember many details but I do remember that he kept trying to make up clever puns for his plans but messing them up. And his minions would be all “…” and he would be all embarrassed. CUTEST.
Ok, there was a TV show about an office, and Linnell was the boss. He was all grumpy and uptight and EVERYONE HATED HIM. His middle name was apparently “Loveman” (which is certainly an odd middle name) and everyone would say it all sarcastically behind his back because they hated him.
I was going to high school with Linnell. He was a drum major. I, naturally, had a huge crush on him, but couldn’t bring myself to ever talk to him. However, I did get a magical creature (I think it was some sort of bird?) to create a giant portrait of him for me. He was wearing his drum major uniform, and also had a sword for some reason.